As a rule, people about diseases that touch the genitals and anus are silent. For some reason, most are ashamed of such ailments. They turn to doctors already in very complicated and neglected situations, or do not resort to their services at all. There was no exception, and such a problem, as the blood from the anus at the bowel movement.
At the same time, it is worth noting that serious bleeding disorders can manifest serious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, which threaten the health and sometimes the life of the patient. Therefore, such a terrible symptom can not be ignored neither by the patient, nor by the doctor, in order to prevent the further development of the disease and its complications.
If you look at the statistics, the most common bleeding from the anus is seen in women and men with hemorrhoids. In this disease, blood is released from the anus, usually without pain, during or at the end of the defecation, more often drip, sometimes - jet, and in neglected cases - in the form
of "splashes".The color is scarlet.
Causes of bleeding from the anus
Why is the blood coming from the anus, and what should I do in this case? In adults, this symptom is primarily associated with damage to the mucous membrane of the rectum and large intestine.
Rectal bleeding can not be correlated with petty platitudes, which you can give up. In case of its appearance at or after defecation, accompanied by pain or without it, it is necessary to consult the proctologist without fail, so that in case of timely diagnosis, adequate treatment should be carried out.
Common causes of the appearance of blood from the anus in women and men:
- The leader of this symptom is hemorrhoids. Usually the blood appears after defecation. The color of blood is scarlet, blood is not mixed with feces.
- Colitis. This disease causes inflammation and ulceration in any part of the digestive tract, most often in the large intestine.
- Anal fissure. Blood from the rectum goes in small portions, observed after the stool, accompanied by burning sensations of burning immediately after excrement.
- Blood can appear with locks .The human body is constructed in such a way that the grid of blood vessels is densely developed inside the anus.
- Polyps .The amount of bleeding depends on the location and size of the polyp, and can be as weak or plentiful.
- Proctitis. Ulceration of the rectal mucosa followed by inflammation. Blood is accompanied by mucus, mixed with feces.
- Gastritis of any kind. There is heavy bleeding. The chair is decorated.
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer. Accompanied by heavy bleeding at the same time with the allocation of tarry stool( so-called meren).The first sign of this disease is vomiting blood.
- Diverticulosis - formation of diverticulum( pockets and protrusions on the intestinal mucosa).When they are injured, feces are excreted in the bowel movement, mixed with blood.
- Rectal cancer. Bleeding in this case is similar to bleeding from the rectum in the formation of polyps.
- Bleeding in people with HIV infection. The cause is not the disease itself, but reduced immunity, which contributes to the rapid progression of any of the diseases, including those with symptoms of discharge from the anus.
- Varicose veins of the esophagus.
- Other systemic diseases.
In some cases, a phenomenon such as scarlet blood from the anus can be the result( side effect) of taking certain medications( antibiotics, medicines, which contain potassium).
By the nature of the blood it is possible to judge possible diseases in women and men:
- The cherry color of is characteristic of colon pathologies.
- Rectal bleeding of red color indicates the development of cancer, as well as the presence of polyps. The appearance of a polyp in the rectum is not an incurable disease, since polyps are classified as benign tumors.
- Scarlet blood from the anus, which you found on your underwear or when using toilet paper, can talk about an anal fissure or hemorrhoids.
- Dark blood clots from from the anus point to the presence of diseases such as diverticulosis and colon swelling.
- Black discharge and tarry stool is evidence of the presence of diseases of the stomach, small intestine and duodenum.
Scarlet blood from the anus at defecation
Anal bleeding of varying intensity may indicate serious problems in the digestive system. By the color of the liquid, it is possible to determine the intestine department that has been damaged.
So, allocated scarlet blood from the anus without pain speaks of a violation of the integrity of the tissues of the rectum, large intestine or diseases of the anus. Most often it is a hemorrhoids or anal fissure.
Hemorrhoids can be accompanied by the discharge of blood both after bowel movement and during stool. Bleeding manifests itself in the form of blood drops on paper or on linen. This blood will be scarlet.
Excretions usually appear after passage of a voluminous or hard stool, sometimes occur after heavy physical exertion. With hemorrhoids, as well as with anal fissures, blood clots can remain on the feces. A characteristic symptom of hemorrhoids are the red nodular formations that come out of the rectum, possibly with a cyanotic shade.
The main drugs for the treatment of hemorrhoids are antivaric agents, which normalize blood circulation and venous outflow from the pelvic organs. Representatives of this group of drugs are troxevasin, escusane, reparil, tribenozide, anavenol, aspirin, detraleks. However, the spectrum of their use is limited by contraindications and side effects.
If conservative methods do not help, surgical treatment of hemorrhoids is prescribed:
- Latex ligation : a ring is inserted on the leg of the enlarged hemorrhoidal assembly, resulting in impaired blood circulation and hemorrhoid tissue dying off;
- Sclerotherapy : in the expanded hemorrhoidal node, the doctor injects a remedy that leads to the collapse of its walls, which allows eliminating hemorrhoids I-III degree;
- Hemorrhoidectomy : during the operation the doctor conducts removal of hemorrhoidal dilated vessels, after which the wound is usually sutured;
- Electrocoagulation : during anoscopy with an electrode, the hemorrhoidal node coagulates, after which its tissue dies and eventually disappears.
The delicate problem of anal fissures occurs mainly in people with constipation. Stool retention, hard stools combined with irritation of the anorectal area with soap and hygiene products are fraught with micro-ruptures of the skin and mucous membranes.
As a result, every trip to the toilet turns into torture. Fear of defecation causes psychological constipation, a vicious circle closes. The main symptoms of anal fissure are: blood in the stool and pronounced pain when bowel is emptied. The doctor diagnoses after finding a crack in the site of the rectal mucosa transfer to the skin.
These are benign neoplasms that grow on a pedicle or are located on a wide base. For a long time, polyps do not manifest themselves in any way, less frequent in patients are constipation or diarrhea associated with impaired motor activity of the intestine.
The danger of the disease lies in the fact that polyps often degenerate into a cancerous tumor. The surface of polyps can bleed, and the larger the size of the formation, the more easily its surface is damaged.
Malignant Intestinal Tumors
Counterweights of polyps are malignant tumors. They can also bleed at any stage of their development. Most often, they first make themselves felt either by the appearance of blood from the anus, or by intestinal obstruction. It is much easier to diagnose them if they are localized in the rectum. Then any doctor, having conducted her finger research, will be able to detect the problem in time and direct the patient to treatment.
Bleeding from malignant tumors of the intestine by itself can manifest itself in different ways. Sometimes there is blood of bright color or mixed with calves after defecation. As for the intensity of bleeding, it can also be different. If the tumor bleeds, which breaks up, then there is a very heavy bleeding, since large vessels are involved in the process.
Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
Characterized by the defeat of the intestinal wall ulcerative character due to autoimmune pathological processes in the body.
The resulting ulcerative defects of the intestinal wall lead to frequent bleeding, in addition patients are concerned about intense abdominal pain, anorexia, increased body temperature. The nature of the stool for these diseases varies from melena( black stool) to abundant bloody discharge.
This is the protrusion of the intestinal mucosa through its outer layer. The disease can be complicated by bleeding, intestinal germination and peritonitis.
Signs of beginning diverticulitis:
- abdominal pain, especially the lower left;
- bleeding from the anus;
- sometimes - a rise in temperature.
The main thing in this case is to adjust the emptying of the intestine in order to prevent the appearance of new diverticula. And the treatment depends on the degree of severity and neglect of the disease. It can be carried out with the use of only medicamental agents or by the operating method with the removal of tissues affected by diverticula.
Acute intestinal infection
The disease is accompanied by severe bleeding from the anus, fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, severe abdominal pain. An example of an acute intestinal infection is dysentery, salmonellosis, amoebiasis.
What if I have blood from the anus?
If you find your blood from the anus, treatment of such a problem should be started after the cause is established, as this is just a symptom, not an independent disease.
Accordingly, to accurately determine the cause of bloody discharge from the anus, and reliably make sure that they are not associated with cancer or other dangerous bowel disease, you should consult a proctologist for an examination. He will tell you what to do, and what tests should be done to clarify the diagnosis.
Diagnosis and treatment of
In proctology, various methods are used to help determine what caused the bleeding from the anus:
- The analysis of stool , which allows to detect blood, even if it is invisible visually - is prescribed in cases when the doctor suspects the patient of a disease,the symptom of which is rectal bleeding.
- Irrigoscopy - for its conduct in the intestine is introduced a special substance necessary to obtain a clear picture on the X-ray.
- Gastroduodenoscopy - examination of the patient with the use of an endoscope, allowing to assess the condition of the mucous membrane of the digestive system. Sometimes with the help of this method, treatment is carried out - cauterization - ulcers.
- Rectoscopy - with its help the human digestive system is examined, and more specifically its lower departments. In this way, doctors can identify hemorrhoids, anal fissures, various formations in the sigmoid and / or rectum.
- Colonoscopy - is nothing more than a more detailed rectoscopy. It is performed by the endoscopic method and allows to detect all the changes that have occurred in the structure of the large intestine.
There may be a lot of reasons for blood separation from the anus in men and women. Only an expert can install and fix them. And if, after a while, the discharge of blood during excrement stops, this does not mean that the cause of its occurrence has disappeared.
You have to take this problem very seriously, even if you think it caused frustration. There are a number of diseases, because of which blood may appear after defecation.