In medicine, there are tools that have an osmotic effect and are used before the procedure for diagnosing the digestive tract. Such drugs include Phospho-soda or Flit.
Characteristics of drugs
These are medications of laxative action, are widely used before manipulations associated with examination or surgery on the intestine. Reception of these funds begin the day before the scheduled procedure.
Phospho-soda is a drug that belongs to laxative preparations, has osmotic properties.
It consists of dihydrogen phosphate, sodium dihydrate, sodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydrate, auxiliary components in the form of glycerol, ginger and lemon flavors, and purified water.
The action is to increase the volume of water in the small intestine, which is due to osmotic properties. A large amount of water increases intestinal motility and leads to its further emptying. Th
Indications for use:
- It is used as a stage of cleaning the intestines for endoscopic and X-ray examinations of its condition.
- During surgery on the colon.
- The drug is indicated for adults and children over 15 years of age. Elderly take in the same dosage, the amount adjustment is not required.
Reception of Phospho-soda begins one day before the manipulation on the intestine. If the procedure will be carried out before lunch, in the morning the day before the study, without breakfast, drink 250 ml liquid in the form of juice without pulp, clear broth without vegetables, non-carbonated drink or water. After breakfast, drink the first part, dissolving 1 bottle of product in 100 ml of boiled water. After consuming the solution, you should immediately drink a glass of cold water.
Then at lunchtime, drink 3 glasses of water. A 2 dose of medication should be taken after dinner, dissolving the contents of the container in a glass of water. After consumption, drink water with 250 ml or more.
If the procedure is scheduled for the day 24 hours before the scheduled manipulation, lunch with light food may be eaten, after which solid food cannot be eaten. At dinner, drink a glass of water instead of food, then take the drug, previously dissolved in a glass of cold water. After taking drink with water. During the evening, drink 3 glasses of solution. The tool causes the appearance of a chair after 30 minutes.
- Nausea with vomiting.
- Heaviness in the stomach.
- Aphthae on the intestinal membrane, which disappear independently some time after administration, do not require treatment.
- Headache, disturbance of general well-being with dizziness.
- Electrolyte imbalance in the form of dehydration.
- Allergic reactions.
- Poor bowel movement.
- Damage to the body.
- Bowel disease in the acute period.
- Severe disruption of the heart and kidneys.
- Children and adolescents up to 15 years.
- Acute hemorrhoids.
- Allergic reactions to the components of the drug.
- Do not use a remedy for constipation.
Flit is a laxative drug that retains the volume of fluid in the intestines, which in turn leads to emptying its contents. Possesses only local action, since not absorbed into the bloodstream.
Consists of hydrogen phosphate, dogic sodium, sodium dihydrogen phosphate, additional components in the form of glycerol, ginger oil, lemon oil, alcohol.
Refers to saline laxatives, the effect is to create osmotic pressure in the intestine and fill it with fluid, which leads to the softening of the feces and their early elimination.
It is used in preparation for surgery on the large intestine, endoscopic or x-ray examination.
- Sensitivity to the components of the drug.
- Stomach ache.
- Cardiovascular insufficiency.
- Renal failure.
- Accumulation of fluid in the abdominal cavity.
- Intestinal obstruction.
- Diseases of the intestine and stomach in the acute period.
- Children and teenagers under 15 years old.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Morning option. The day before the reception of the funds do not drink alcohol and solid foods. In the morning, drink a glass of water or other liquid, then take the first dose of Fleet, dissolve it in a glass of water, and after drinking drink 300 ml of water. For lunch, nothing but water, do not use. During dinner, take a second dose of the same diluted product, then drink a glass of water.
- Evening scheme. Do not eat solid food the day before the survey. At dinner, take a glass of water, dilute 1 bottle of the product and drink it, drink it with water. On the day of the procedure, instead of breakfast, take 2 doses with plenty of water.
- The appearance of the chair after the procedure for 30 minutes.
- increased heartbeat;
- bloating, pain in the abdomen and intestines;
- dizziness, headache;
- allergic reactions;
- loss of consciousness.
Do not use Fleet to treat constipation. In case of an overdose, there is no antidote, urgent hospitalization is required. The drug was quite often prescribed, but in mid-2017 he is out of production. This decision is associated with side effects, among which - an increased level of irritation of the intestine.
Comparison of Phospho-soda or Fleet
Both drugs are laxatives; they perform bowel cleansing before conducting the procedure for examining the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
The drugs have the same active substance, a similar composition, the mechanism of action is the same, both do not enter the bloodstream, have only local effects on the body. Indications for use and contraindications are identical.
What is the difference?
The difference between the drugs is in the additional components and price.
What is cheaper?
The cost of phospho-soda - 1500-2000 rubles. Flit costs 620 rubles.
Pharmacy sales terms
Both drugs are non-prescription.
What is better than Phospho-soda or Flit?
The drugs are identical, the doctor chooses one or another remedy, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient.
After taking these drugs in the process of colonoscopy of the intestine can be determined aphthous lesions throughout the mucosa of the body. These ulcerations do not require treatment, after some time they disappear on their own.
Opinion of patients
Patients' reviews about taking medications are mostly positive:
- funds are easily transferred;
- side effects occur infrequently;
- All patients note the high efficacy of these medicines.
Phospho-soda and Fleet Reviews
Evgeny Mikhailovich, 67 years old, Magnitogorsk
Took Fleet to clean the bowel before a colonoscopy. The drug was well tolerated, except for nausea, there were no negative actions. The main thing is to strictly follow the instructions for use and drink plenty of fluids.
Valentina Petrovna, 60 years old, Khabarovsk
She was in the hospital for intestinal problems. Before the X-ray examination, she cleaned the intestines with the help of Flit, everything went well, it tastes unpleasant, but it is tolerable. It is necessary when taking the medicine to follow the recommendations of the doctor, drink the amount of fluid indicated in the instructions in order to avoid dehydration in the future. No adverse reaction to the drug was observed.