The liver suffers most from the use of various synthetic drugs, so many people try to use herbal medicines to treat it. The most popular hepatoprotector is Kars. It consists of the main component - milk thistle extract, so some prefer to use grass directly, for example, in the form of meal.
Kars - hepatoprotector used in the treatment of the liver. The therapeutic effect is due to silymarin, obtained from a dry extract of the milk thistle fruit.
Available in several forms:
- Capsules: solid, cylindrical, gelatin, light brown, 90 mg of the main substance (Kars forte)
- Dragee: brown cellulose cellulose shell, contains 35 mg of the main substance.
- The tablets in the shell: the correct form, brown, odorless, contain 22.5 mg of the basic substance.
Pharmacological properties are due to the antioxidant and hepatoprotective effects of silymarin on liver cells, protecting them from toxins.
All forms of the drug are taken orally. Absorption begins from the gastrointestinal tract, gradually circulating in the liver. Does not accumulate in the body. Excreted in bile, for 6 hours.
Karsil has found application in oncological practice, together with cytostatics acts as a hepatoprotector.
Special recommendations for use:
- complete abandonment of alcoholic beverages;
- parallel dieting;
- correction of treatment in the event of jaundice;
- consultation with hormonal disorders.
It is carefully prescribed to those with gluten enteropathy because of wheat starch in the composition.
Characteristics of Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is a powder from the seeds of the plant. In addition to the main substance, the preparation may contain the following components:
- biologically active substances;
- macro- and microelements;
- other ingredients to enhance the therapeutic effect.
Hepatoprotective effect of meal helps with any violations of the liver functions and even liver cirrhosis. The uniqueness of the flavonoid complex - silymarin has been proven by repeated clinical trials. The use of milk thistle alters the cytolemma and neutralizes the action of poisonous substances.
The beneficial effects of the drug:
- herbal extract improves membrane function by increasing the intensity of enzyme production;
- therapeutic components of natural remedies help to stop the inflammatory process;
- restores liver cells after an attack of toxins, infection or other damage factors;
- increases the protective functions of the body and allows you to forget about liver colic.
Other medicinal properties of dietary supplements:
- use a mixture of high fiber content is useful for cleansing the intestines and the entire GIT;
- a rich composition not only strengthens the liver walls, but also takes care of the restoration of the organ at the cellular level; in the process of using the supplement, cell destruction is prevented;
- the presence of complex lipids, essential fatty acids and vitamins allows you to treat neighboring systems;
- regulation of lipid metabolism in the body;
- the presence of B group vitamins in pills helps to improve the functioning of the cardiovascular system, the central nervous system and optic nerves;
- antioxidant protection at the cellular level;
- excellent choleretic effect;
- stabilization of blood pressure;
- removal of toxins, decay products and radionuclides;
- normalization of blood glucose levels;
- restoration of the excretory system (kidney, bladder).
Reception of dietary supplements has a beneficial effect not only on the intestines and liver. The composition has the following healing properties:
- cleansing the vascular walls from "harmful" cholesterol;
- reduction of tissue swelling;
- decrease in protein in the analysis of urine of diabetics;
- intoxication after poisoning;
- removal of withdrawal symptoms;
- pancreatitis prevention.
The beneficial properties of the powder extend to the activity of the cardiovascular, nervous and immune systems. Timely and complete outflow of bile prevents early aging of the body and depressive states.
Comparison of Karsil and Thistle
Drugs have more differences than similarities. However, both are not recommended for self-medication.
Both products of plant origin. Used in the treatment of the liver, practically have no contraindications, do not cause negative effects. Not assigned to small children.
The main difference is that the drug Karsil contains only one component of milk thistle - silymarin, and the meal or oil retains all the useful components of the herb.
The meal has a wider spectrum of action, it is indicated for problems with the biliary tract, gall bladder and intestines. The tool strengthens the immune system, has a beneficial effect on the entire body.
The drug is contraindicated in case of poisoning, and the meal is recommended in these cases.
Depending on the form of release, Kars can contain additional components, such as galactose, fructose, which may be contraindicated in certain groups of patients.
Thistle meal is cheaper than Kars. The average cost of the additive is 100 rubles. for 100 g, Karsila - 375 rubles. for 80 pills.
Which drug is better: Kars or Milk Thistle - only a specialist can determine. Despite the fact that the meal has no chemical components, its consumption is also possible only after consulting a specialist. In this case, the meal is prescribed only for adults, Kars - after 12 years.
Karsil is contraindicated for pregnant women and breastfeeding. Do not prescribe medication to people whose body does not tolerate galactose and fructose. You can not use the drug for poisoning.
In rare cases, such undesirable effects may occur:
- vomiting, heartburn, and flatulence;
- loss of appetite;
- skin rash;
- frequent urination;
With the abolition of the drug unpleasant symptoms go away independently.
Thistle meal is not taken with individual intolerance. During pregnancy and breastfeeding supplement prescribed only for health reasons.
In the process of consumption, an allergic reaction, laxative or diuretic effect may occur.
Opinion of doctors and patient reviews
Alexey, 42, therapist, Moscow
Milk thistle - a useful additive that can be used as a preventive measure. Use dietary supplements for weight loss, cleansing of the choleretic ducts and liver. However, you should first consult with your doctor, be examined. In case of severe liver diseases, treatment with medications is required; in this case, the supplement can only be taken in combination therapy.
Valery, 39 years old, manual therapist, St. Petersburg
Karsil is an inexpensive and time-tested hepatoprotector. It is prescribed in complex treatment for disorders in the organ, hepatitis caused by alcohol poisoning or viral infections, hepatosis, and liver cirrhosis. At the heart of the tool is milk thistle, so it gives a soft effect, the improvement is observed is insignificant. For severe hepatic impairment, I recommend more effective drugs.
Sergey, 45, Volgograd
I know about milk thistle for a long time, I looked closely at it for a long time, but did not trust it. But he was poisoned by poor-quality alcohol, and the meal was rescued. It tastes pleasant, somewhat resembles sunflower seeds, although it takes a little getting used to. My course was about 3 months, taking 1 hour daily. l in the morning and in the evening. No longer bothered by the pain in the right side, the general condition of the body has improved, the yellowing of the skin has decreased, the state returned to normal. The best option is to take the meal with milk thistle oil, the effect is then stronger and faster.
Roman, 39 years old, Yekaterinburg
Kars is an old and proven remedy for liver recovery, while the drug is inexpensive when compared to silymarin-based counterparts. I took it for 2 months, it does not act immediately, but after 2 weeks it becomes much easier, it improves state of health, passing heaviness in the right hypochondrium, becoming more resilient, rising mood. The drug has no side effects, since all the active ingredients are taken from natural plants.
Irina, 31, Nizhny Novgorod
Karsil - a tool that can be used as a preventive measure. The liver is constantly in need of cleansing and maintaining tonus, and Kars is a remedy that copes well with these tasks. I accept it within a week, then I take a break. During the reception I never drink alcoholic beverages and do not eat fatty foods. After applying I feel better, the weight in the area of the liver goes away. Most importantly, there are no negative effects. 1 package is enough for prevention for a long time, but for the treatment of the liver they are weak.