In diseases of the gastrointestinal tract proton pump inhibitors are often used. Sometimes doctors have to choose which drug to prescribe: Losek or Losek Mapps.
Characteristics of the drug Losek
Losek is an anti-ulcer agent, an inhibitor of H + K + -ATPase. It blocks the last stage of hydrochloric acid production, inhibits stimulated and basal secretion. The therapeutic effect of the drug depends on the dose (the higher it is, the better the effect).
Taking Losek along with antibiotics contributes to the destruction of Helicobacter pylori. As a result, the damaged mucous membranes heal, the risk of bleeding decreases, the symptoms of the disease disappear, and stable remission is achieved. When using medication there is no need for long-term anti-ulcer treatment.
Characteristics of the drug Losek Mappes
Losek Maps is produced by the same manufacturer and contains the same active ingredient. Therefore, the drug acts by analogy wit
Comparison of Losek and Losek Map
Select the appropriate drug is not easy. To do this, you need to study the comparative characteristics of drugs.
There are many common features of drugs. These include:
- Pharmachologic effect. Medicines block the production of hydrochloric acid and improve the condition of the gastrointestinal tract. During therapy, damaged areas are restored, unwanted symptoms are eliminated, and the risk of bleeding is reduced.
- Composition. The active component of drugs is omeprazole.
- Indications. Drugs are prescribed for duodenal ulcer and stomach, reflux esophagitis, acid dyspepsia, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and peptic ulcer caused by Helicobacter p. In the indications for use of Losek Mapps, there is another condition - NSAID-associated stomach ulcers or erosion of the duodenum 12.
- Interaction with other means. The active ingredient of drugs increases the plasma concentration of clarithromycin, slows the elimination of warfarin, diazepam and phenytoin.
- Terms of sale. You can buy drugs at a pharmacy by presenting a prescription.
Differences in drugs less, but they exist. They are:
- Release form. Losek is produced in the form of a lyophilisate (powder) from which an infusion solution is prepared. Losek Maps is sold in tablets containing 10, 20 or 40 mg of active ingredient.
- Mode of application. Losec is injected into a vein for 20-30 minutes. Before that, it is dissolved in 100 ml of solution (Dextrose 5% or Sodium Chloride 0.9%). Tablets are used in the morning, before meals or during it. If the patient cannot swallow the tablet whole, it is dissolved in water or acidified liquid (fruit juice will do). The finished solution is drunk within half an hour after preparation. The duration of the course and dosage depend on the diagnosis, the presence of comorbidities.
- Side effects. The drug in tablets contains more auxiliary components, therefore, causes more adverse reactions. However, if the recommendations of the doctor are observed, undesirable symptoms are rarely observed.
- Shelf life. The powder can be used for 2 years from the date of issue, and tablets - for 3.
The cost of the drug Losek Map is 300-600 rubles. Price information lyophilisate temporarily unavailable.
Preparations contain 1 active ingredient and are equally effective. The solution causes fewer side reactions, but it is more difficult to use because of the release form.
At home it is better to use tablets. They are used to treat the same pathological conditions, suitable for patients with disorders of the swallowing process (can be dissolved in water or other fluids).
The main contraindication to the use of drugs - idiosyncrasy of substances within their composition. Experience with omeprazole in children is limited, so patients in this age group are rarely prescribed. The use of drugs during periods of gestation (pregnancy) and lactation is possible according to indications.
Before starting treatment, you need to make sure that there are no malignant diseases (drugs mask the symptoms of such pathologies and make it difficult to diagnose).
With impaired hepatic function, the bioavailability of omeprazole and its half-life increase. Therefore, these patients are prescribed drugs in a daily dose of 10-20 mg.
Opinion of doctors and patient reviews
Mikhail Antonovich, gastroenterologist, St. Petersburg: “I prescribe drugs for ulcerative lesions of the digestive tract. They do well in restoring damaged organs, eliminating existing symptoms. The difference between the drugs is minimal, since they contain 1 active ingredient, have the same indications for use. At home, it is more convenient to use Losec tablets. ”
Alexandra, gastroenterologist, Moscow: “Proton pump inhibitors are effective for ulcers, heartburn, reflux esophagitis and other pathologies. The duration of drug therapy depends on the diagnosis and can reach 8 weeks. You can stop treatment only with the permission of the doctor. Otherwise, the disease may develop again. "
Anatoly, 43, Rostov-on-Don: “Severe pain in the stomach made me consult a doctor. Passed an examination, the results of which were diagnosed with peptic ulcer. Gastroenterologist advised to take Losek Maps - 1 time per day, 20 mg. After a few days, the symptoms became less pronounced, and then disappeared completely. The total duration of treatment was 1 month. ”
Anastasia, 50 years old, Yekaterinburg: “Losek was injected in the hospital with a peptic ulcer. The improvement came quickly, in a few days. After being discharged from the hospital, she continued to use the drug in pills. It was difficult to swallow, so I dissolved them in water before taking. ”