Venarus and Phlebodia 600 are often recommended tablets to reduce the manifestations of venous insufficiency. Medications have a similar composition and indications. They differ in quality and general portability.
Venarus is a domestic drug for the prevention and correction of venous diseases. It has tablets of release: 500 mg and 1000 mg.
In the composition of 2 active components:
- hesperidin - 50 (100) mg;
- Diosmin - 450 (900) mg.
This is a long-acting drug. The half-life of plasma is about 11 hours. Predominantly with feces and only 10% by the kidneys.
The effect of the drug is associated with increased tone and normalization of the structure of the veins. It provides the elimination of increased fragility of blood vessels, increases their elasticity, reduces the tendency to swelling, improves lymph flow.
Most often recommended for insufficiency of the veins of the lower extremities of various etiologies. The drug improves health and reduces these symptoms:
- convulsive contraction of the foot and calf muscles;
- feeling of heaviness in the legs, bloating of the lower limbs;
- quick feeling of tiredness in the legs;
- pain in the muscles of the leg when walking.
Proven effectiveness in combined veno-lymphatic dysfunction. Venarus is prescribed for its manifestations such as:
- severe pastos feet and legs;
- degenerative changes in the skin due to stagnation and circulatory disorders;
- ulceration of the skin due to hemodynamic changes.
In addition, Venarus is prescribed for the treatment of chronic and acute hemorrhoids.
Characteristic of Phlebodia 600
Phlebodia 600 - venoprotector French production. Available in tablets coated with a protective coating. There is a local form of release of the drug in the form of a cream.
Active ingredient - Diosmin. Each tablet contains 600 mg. This is reflected in the name of the drug.
According to the mechanism of action, Phlebodia belongs to the group of angioprotective substances most commonly used to treat vascular diseases of the lower extremities. The drug reduces blood stasis.
Instructions for use include the following indications:
- chronic venous insufficiency (CVI);
- leg varicose veins;
- complex treatment of hemorrhoids;
- lower extremity lymphatic dysfunction;
- problems of capillary blood circulation of the legs;
- heaviness, swelling, leg cramps.
Comparison of Venarus and Phlebodia 600
Medicines have both the same and distinctive characteristics.
Both drugs have a number of features in common:
- active ingredient in the composition - Diosmin;
- available in tablets;
- 1 pharmacological classification group - angioprotectors;
- restore the venous walls of blood vessels, improve lymph and blood flow, normalize microcirculation;
- reduce the fragility of blood vessels;
- help get rid of the symptoms of varicose veins and hemorrhoids;
- effective in violation of lymphatic drainage in the lower extremities.
What is the difference?
Phlebodia 600 and Venarus are not analogous. The main difference between them is the country of manufacture. Phlebodia is a product of the French pharmaceutical company Servier. Venarus is produced and used in Russia. Phlebodia is an original drug. All clinical tests and tests were conducted on it. Russian remedy - generic.
- Diosmin in the French drug is presented in a dosage of 0.6 g, in the domestic - 0.45 g or 0.9 g. In addition to diosmin, hesperidin is present in Venarus. Therefore, drugs are not analogues.
- Flebodia has such a form of release as a cream, Venarus - no.
- In the testimony of Venarus there are trophic ulcers. In this case, a large dosage is prescribed.
- Dosage per day and duration of treatment.
- The side effects of one component are different.
In the treatment of Venarus, the following adverse reactions are most common:
- Individual intolerance. Manifested as an allergy to any of the components.
- Urticaria, redness of the skin, itching possible.
- Rarely on the background of the reception, it is possible to have a sore throat or chest discomfort.
Phlebodia can also cause undesirable effects: in addition to individual intolerance, digestive disorders in the form of mild dyspeptic manifestations and headaches are more common.
Facts overdose of these dosage forms are not marked.
Phlebodia and Venarus are prohibited in case of individual intolerance and during lactation. Other contraindications for drugs are different:
- Phlebodia is not used until 18 years old. The possibility of taking Russian medicine to children is not indicated in the abstract.
- Reception Venus during pregnancy is not allowed.
- Phlebodia is contraindicated for pregnant women in the first trimester, but is allowed in later terms for health reasons under constant medical supervision.
What is cheaper?
The average cost per pack of Flebodia 600 by packaging 30 tablets is 951 rubles, Venarus 500 mg №30 - 657 rubles, 1000 mg №30 - 1225 rubles.
Which is better to choose - Venarus or Phlebodia 600?
T. since both drugs have similar characteristics, it is difficult to say which of them is more effective for varicose veins, CVI or hemorrhoids. It all depends on the neglect of the process, the reaction to the components, the convenience of reception, the individual characteristics of the patient and his financial capabilities.
According to most experts, the French drug acts more gently and gives fewer side effects. It has a simpler and more convenient scheme: 1 tablet 2-3 times a day during the week. Accordingly, the exchange rate is from 14 to 21 tablets.
The dosage regimen of the domestic agent depends on the selected dose. The scheme is more complicated and involves up to 4 tablets per day.
The amount and frequency of the drug depends on the day of treatment. The course of therapy requires up to 36 tablets. For many patients, especially the elderly, this causes difficulties.
For the price of the course French pills more expensive than domestic at least a third.
With varicose veins
With varicose veins, the medicine is also selected individually. Phlebodia is prescribed 1 time per day (in the morning) for 2 months. For the course required 60 tablets. The Russian version has a different regimen: it is prescribed 1-2 times a day, depending on the selected dosage, also for 2 months. Accordingly, the course will require up to 120 tablets. If necessary, admission can be extended to 12 months.
The price of treatment with the original drug is 10-15% higher.
Opinion of patients
Vyacheslav, 62 years old, Vladivostok
I have long been ill with varicose legs. The first symptoms appeared about 20 years ago. By the age of 60, cramps, swelling of the legs, and muscle pain when walking were often disturbed. Venarus was prescribed, since I asked for the drug to be cheaper. But he did not fit: rash and severe skin itching appeared. I had to cancel. The doctor prescribed Flebodia 600. After a month of treatment, I felt much better. At the end of the course I forgot what swelling and convulsions are. Now I drink a course 2-3 times a year. Phlebodia 600 helps and costs slightly more.
Antonina, 70 years old, Borisoglebsk
The veins in the legs are sore. In her youth she was more worried that she was ugly, and in the last few years her legs began to hurt and swell. The skin has thinned. Slightly what an abrasion, does not heal for a long time. Because of this, even the surgeon had to go, because the ulcer was formed. I turned to the doctor. Prescribed the drug Flebodia. Well helped, but it became expensive for them to be treated for me. Asked to replace, the doctor prescribed Venarus. The main thing is to remember how to take the pills correctly. After taking it, it became immediately easier: the puffiness was gone, it did not hurt to walk. For the second year I have been taking this medicine. Thanks to the doctor helps.
Doctors reviews about Venarus and Phlebodia 600
Svyatoslav, therapist, Vladikavkaz
I am a general practitioner. Basically, if there is no flu epidemic, older people are turning. Every second of them has chronic venous insufficiency. It does not give full walk, often causes complications. I tried a lot of tools. I chose Phlebodia and Venarus. Medicines are well tolerated, give quick effect. Find in pharmacies of our city is easy.
Evgenia, surgeon, St. Petersburg
I work as a surgeon in the clinic. Patients often complain about varicose veins or chronic venous insufficiency. I recommend taking a choice of Venarus or Phlebodia. Although the French medicine is more like it, because it acts softer, and the effect after the course lasts up to six months and more. In addition, it has a simple and convenient regimen. For those who cannot complete a full course due to the cost of Phlebodia, I prescribe Venarus. It is also a good drug, but it has a more complicated regimen.
Alexander, vascular surgeon, Moscow
Patients with different forms of varicose veins or venous insufficiency enter the department. We do not always immediately operate. Often, first try a drug treatment: prescribe medication Venarus. According to my observations, it is most effective in the initial stages of the disease. But if it causes adverse reactions, or the disease progresses, replace it with the original drug Flebodia. It is more gentle and effective at any stage. Although both drugs are effective, they are well tolerated by patients while respecting the dosages and treatment regimen.