With a severe course of the inflammatory reaction, rapid elimination of the pain syndrome and other manifestations of the disease, worsening the patient's condition, is required. Dexamethasone and Analgin are simultaneously administered with the ineffectiveness of other drugs. This combination has contraindications that need to be considered when prescribing.
How to act on the body?
The active substance Analgin is metamizole sodium, which slows down the conduction of pain impulses in sensitive endings. The substance inhibits the production of inflammatory mediators, reducing body temperature. Analgin is used to relieve pain of various etiologies and is available in the form of tablets and solutions for injection.
Dexamethasone is produced on the basis of an artificial glucocorticosteroid, which has the following actions:
- Suppression of autoimmune reaction. The substance slows down the production of globulins, reducing the concentration of immune complexes in the blood.
- Removal of signs of inflammation. Anti-inflammatory effect is due to inhibition of the release of prostaglandins and a decrease in the permeability of the vascular walls.
- Relief of an allergic reaction. The antihistamine effect develops due to the stabilization of the state of the cell membranes.
Dexamethasone is available as an intramuscular solution, eye drops and tablets.
What diseases are used for combined injection?
Injections, as well as tablet forms of drugs, are used for such diseases:
- acute pain caused by gouty arthritis or radiculitis;
- acute phases of rheumatoid arthritis, rheumatic lesions of the joints and soft tissues, osteoarthritis and osteochondrosis;
- pancreatitis - inflammation of one of the largest endocrine glands;
- infectious inflammatory processes in bone and soft tissues.
A mixture of anesthetics and anti-inflammatory hormonal agents is used to quickly stabilize the patient's condition in ulcerative colitis and neuralgia.
Drug-based inhalations are used to relieve asthma attacks.
How to prick a mixture of Dexamethasone and Analgin?
The drugs are mixed in a single syringe and injected intramuscularly, pointwise (as blockades) or intravenously (via infusion). Perhaps the use of Analgin and Dexamethasone in the form of compresses, which impose on the affected area. The proportions of drugs are selected in accordance with the type of disease and the individual characteristics of the organism.
When treating certain categories of patients, care must be taken. Dexamethasone may reduce the effectiveness of vaccination.
Pregnancy and lactation
A mixture of drugs is contraindicated in pregnant and lactating women.
The combination of drugs is not used in the treatment of patients under 18 years of age.
In the absence of chronic pathologies of the liver and kidneys, dose adjustment for the treatment of elderly patients is not required.
Side effects of Dexamethasone and Analgin
The negative reaction of the body to the introduction of drugs is manifested by the development of the following complications:
- digestive disorders (nausea and vomiting, loose stools, feeling of heaviness in the stomach);
- change in liver enzyme activity;
- swelling of the face and lower limbs;
- adrenal dysfunction;
- steroid dysmetabolic syndrome;
- inflammation of the cornea;
- convulsive seizures;
- allergic manifestations (itchy skin rashes);
- fungal infections.
Contraindications to the use of Dexamethasone and Analgin
Injections with Analgin and Dexamethasone are contraindicated in the following pathological conditions:
- hypersensitivity to the ingredients of the medicinal mixture;
- open tuberculosis;
- fungal and bacterial infections.
Impact on driving
Drugs can reduce the speed of reactions and concentration of attention, so they should not be administered in the management of complex mechanisms.
Interaction with other drugs
The drug mixture can inhibit the action of insulin and glucose-lowering agents. With the simultaneous introduction of estrogen, testosterone and hormonal contraceptive drugs can be observed acne and excessive body hair growth. The use of Analgin and Dexamethasone together with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and diuretics is not recommended. The preparations are compatible with vitamin B12, they can be mixed.
Compatibility with alcohol
The use of drugs in combination with ethyl alcohol increases the likelihood of liver damage.
With the introduction of high doses there is an increase in side effects from the digestive, nervous and cardiovascular systems.
Pharmacy sales terms
Medicines can be bought only by prescription.
The solution is stored in a cool dark place.
A mixture of Dexamethasone and Analgin is not subject to long-term storage. It is recommended to use within 24 hours.
Such drugs have the same effect:
Packaging Analgin from 10 ampoules will cost 100 rubles, Dexamethasone costs 220 rubles.
Natalia, 54 years old, therapist, Omsk: “The combination of Dexamethasone and Analgin is used in the treatment of pathologies of the musculoskeletal system, severe allergic reactions and shock conditions. The hormonal drug has a large number of side effects, so it cannot be used for a long time. ”
Svetlana, 39, St. Petersburg: “Mom has long suffered from rheumatoid arthritis. In the period of exacerbation, the doctor advised to do compresses with Analgin and Dexamethasone. Injectable solutions mom mixes in equal proportions. After several treatments, the pain in the joints becomes less pronounced. ”