In the treatment of digestive disorders used enzyme means. The pharmaceutical industry offers many products in this group, such as Micrasim or Creon. They are made on the basis of Pancreatin.
Indications for use
Both medications are prescribed in the following cases:
- Pathologies of the pancreas, leading to intra secretory insufficiency. Medications are effective for pancreatitis, diarrhea of non-infectious origin, cystic fibrosis, etc. They are appointed after irradiation and pancreathectomy.
- Problems with the assimilation of food. Drugs help to digest food to healthy people who have a digestive disorder due to a sedentary lifestyle, errors in nutrition, violation of chewing functions. Medicines are recommended for those who underwent resection of the stomach or small intestine.
- Diseases of the stomach associated with dystrophic changes in the body and having a chronic course.
- Preparing for an ultrasound or other studies of the digestive tract.
What is the difference between drugs
Despite the fact that in preparations the active substance is the same, there is a difference between them. They differ in amylolytic and proteolytic activity.
Characteristics of active substances
The active substance preparations contains enzymes:
- Lipase. Responsible for the breakdown of triglycerides that enter the body with food. Lipase decomposes into glycerol and fatty acids, which will be absorbed by the body and begin to participate in the processes that ensure the vital activity of the body.
- Amylase, when combined with water, decomposes starch into disaccharides and trisaccharides, which are subsequently converted into glucose.
- Proteases - several types of enzymes (trypsin, chymotrypsin, elastase, carboxypeptidase) that digest proteins.
The dosage of these medicines is determined not by the active component, but by lipase activity. And in fact, and in the other means of her there is the same amount - 10,000 or 25,000 IU. And in terms of the amount of amylase and protease, drugs differ from each other, which is reflected in the following table:
|Lipase - capsules 10,000 IU|
|Lipase - capsules 25,000 IU|
Which is better - Kreon or Mikrasim
To say which drug is more effective, it is impossible. We can only talk about which of these tools is most suitable for the patient. Depending on the individual characteristics of the organism, the lifestyle of a person, dieting, the clinical picture of the disease, there is a shortage in one or another enzyme. Determine this can only be a doctor, having conducted a survey, after which the right drug is prescribed. The doctor selects the optimal dosage and monitors the course of therapy.
Compatibility of Mikrasim and Creon
Drugs are not prescribed for co-administration.
Dosing and Administration
Gelatin capsules (drug release form) are taken orally during meals. They are recommended to drink plenty of water. If you intend to use more than one capsule, it is recommended to take half the calculated dose before meals, and the other half with meals.
The dosage is determined by the doctor, who takes into account various factors - the patient's age, his diet, the type and course of the pathology. Children under 1.5 years old are advised to take no more than 50,000 IU per day, over 1.5 years, 100,000 IU.
Pregnancy and lactation
Women who are at any stage of pregnancy, the drugs can be used, but only on prescription and under the control of a doctor. The same applies to the lactation period.
Children's age is not a contraindication to the use of drugs. But the dosage and duration of therapy is determined by the doctor.
Elderly patients drugs are not contraindicated. If swallowing is difficult, the capsule can be opened and its contents taken with food or dissolved in water.
Side Effects of Mikrasim and Creon
While taking these medications, allergies may develop.
The main contraindication to the use of Creon and Micrasim is an increased sensitivity of the body to the substances contained in them.
It is not recommended to take capsules in case of exacerbation of chronic pancreatitis and pancreatitis occurring in an acute form.
Impact on driving
Acceptance of enzyme preparations does not adversely affect the management of complex mechanisms, including and motor vehicles.
Interaction with other drugs
It is not recommended to take Creon or Micrasim with drugs containing iron, because of the deterioration of absorbability of the latter.
Compatibility with alcohol
Alcohol-containing beverages are not recommended during treatment.
If you exceed the dose indicated by the doctor, symptoms of dyspepsia and epigastric discomfort develop.
Pharmacy sales terms
Both drugs are dispensed from pharmacies without giving a doctor a prescription.
The place of storage of medicines should be protected from the penetration of sunlight. It must maintain a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C.
Enzyme preparations retain their pharmacological actions for 2 years from the date of release indicated on the package.
Analogues of drugs include Mezim, Festal, Hermital, Pancytrat.
Cost of drugs:
- Micrazim - from 670 rubles. per package with 50 capsules in a dosage of 25,000 U.
- Creon - from 1200 rub. per package with 50 capsules in a dosage of 25,000 U.
Valentina, pediatrician, 41, Ulyanovsk: “Both drugs are effective. A positive effect on the work of the digestive system, are used in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Well tolerated by children, there are no complaints about side effects. ”
Galina, 51, Tambov: “Creon bought only once, because the doctor advised. I suffer from chronic pancreatitis. This enzyme tool helps, but the price is so high that it is more expensive to use it. Moved to Mikrasim. The effect is the same, and the cost is lower. ”
Evgenia, 47 years old, Blagoveshchensk: “To improve digestion, I took Micrasim. But this drug did not fit - hypertension broke out, although the doctor said that it was not because of this medicine. The doctor advised another drug, Creon. It is more expensive, but came up better. Digestion has normalized, pressure does not rise. "
Kirill, 37, Bryansk: “Digestive disorders often occur. I take different medications, including Creon and Mikrasim. I do not see the difference between them. Both help well. Only the cost of Creon is higher than Mikrasima. ”