In a disease such as gastritis, there may be an infectious form, the distinguishing feature of which is both very rapid development and leakage.To manifest this form of inflammatory pathology, it usually takes a few hours after the stomach has been infected with pathogenic microorganisms.
The development of such a variety of this disease is associated with eating poor-quality foods that are infected with salmonella, klebsiella, etc., as well as infecting the body with Helicobacter bacteria when personal hygiene is not respected.The course of this type of gastritis is quite turbulent, with very rapidly increasing severe symptoms and increasing general intoxication of the body.
Infectious causes of gastritis
Among the possible reasons for the development of this pathology, most often stand out such as:
- Viral hepatitis;
- Bacterial infection Helicobacter pylori, which is the most frequent causative agent of this variety of gastritis.
In addition, the following
- Fungal( yeast) infection;
- All kinds of parasitic worms.
In these cases, the treatment of gastritis should be carried out in an infectious disease hospital, in parallel with the underlying disease, no amateur activity is allowed.
The main symptoms of acute infectious gastritis
This type of disease is characterized by the following symptoms:
- The state of nausea, which keeps constantly, regularly turns into almost indomitable vomiting;
- Severe pain in the stomach, especially in the palpation of the epigastric region;
- General malaise, fever, lethargy, decreased appetite.
If at least one of these anxiety symptoms occurs, the diagnostic test necessary in this case should be urgently performed, which can reveal in the human body the causative agent of such a dangerous disease as an infectious gastritis.
Helicobacter pylori is the most frequent causative agent of viral gastritis
This bacterium causes a sharp inflammatory process in the mucous membrane of the digestive organ, thereby reducing its resistance.This microorganism is spread everywhere and no one can be immune from infection if it does not comply with the basic rules of personal hygiene.
It can be transmitted by using one dish with a sick person or kisses.The air way of infection in the case of Helikobakter pylori is completely excluded.
Once in the acidic environment of the digestive organs, the microorganism begins to develop actively, thus releasing certain enzymes that enhance the production of glandular cells of the gastric mucosa of hydrochloric acid and lead to a decrease in its protective properties.
Helicobacter pylori infection can affect any part of the stomach, thus causing inflammation and the development of viral gastritis.
Acute infectious gastritis in children
Gastrointestinal diseases become more and more "young" every year, their steady growth has been observed since the early school age.They are different variants of the inflammatory process in the mucosa of the digestive organ.
Previously it was believed that the main cause for the development of this disease are stressful situations and eating disorders, recently there have been undeniable facts of involvement in the development of inflammatory processes in the digestive organs in children Helicobacteria.
For this reason, it is mandatory to check the child for the presence of Helicobacter pylori infection and the associated acute form of viral gastritis, if:
- The child suffers pain of unclear genesis in the abdomen for more than 10 days;
- There are in the first generation relatives who suffer from digestive tract tumors, ulcers or gastritis;
- Earlier, the child had a digestive system disease, but a check for Helicobacter infection was not carried out.
In all these cases, the child must necessarily be examined by a specialist in order to detect the development of inflammatory pathology in the digestive organ in time and to prescribe the timely treatment.
Diagnosis of acute infectious gastritis in children
The presence of Helicobacter pylori infection in the body that gives rise to the development of viral gastritis can be diagnosed in several ways, among which the most common are the following:
- Serological test aimed at detecting antibodies in a patient's blood.Blood is taken from both the vein and the finger( express method).This method can be called the most optimal for the determination of Helicobacter microorganisms for its rapidity, informative and painless;
- Respiratory test.It is carried out on the basis of measuring the concentration of carbon dioxide in the exhaled air.Its positive side is its non-invasiveness, but it has very low information content and a large number of false results;
- Biopsy, for which it is required to perform FGDS of the gastric mucosa.The advantage of this method, as well as its lack - is a gastroscopy, the attitude to which many children have the most negative.But according to the reliability of the data obtained, this method is at the very first place, because thanks to him, the doctor has the opportunity to immediately assess the extent of the lesion in the mucous membrane of the stomach.
In the event that any of the conducted studies gave the child a positive result for the presence of Helicobacter pylori, and, accordingly, the development of an infectious gastritis, this should be taken very seriously.
First, in the case when this bacterium is detected in children, it should be checked urgently for the presence of this harmful microorganism and other family members.
And secondly, it is urgent to start appropriate treatment of infectious gastritis, which consists in the destruction of Helicobacter pylori by taking antibiotics and other medications.In the case when the drugs are selected correctly, the probability of a full recovery will be almost 100%.